America’s birds don’t vote. But they have a huge stake in the outcome of the 2020 elections. We’ve got to mobilize like their lives depend on it…
because they do.
Voter turnout is key. Yet over 15 million environmental voters didn’t vote in the midterms!
Our goal is to give birders the tools to reach out to these crucial voters and encourage them, using the methods proven most effective, to vote this November.
So, join us in October for our Phone-banking Birders Saturdays (3:00–5:00pm PST) with special guests Jenny Odell (Oct. 3), Jennifer Ackerman (Oct. 10), Jonathan Franzen (Oct. 17), and Nate Swick (Oct. 24).
and we’ll contact you to match you with the organizations and tools that work best for you — and help you recruit other birders, too!
In the News
- Madison, WI, passes state’s 1st bird-friendly building ordinance (August 13, 2020)
- NYT: Trump Administration Finalizes Plan to Open Arctic Refuge to Drilling (August 17, 2020)
- NYT: Judge Invalidates Trump Rollback of Law Protecting Birds (August 12, 2020)
- Washington Post: Climate change is also a racial justice problem (June 29, 2020)
- Nat Geo: A running list of how President Trump is changing environmental policy (updated May 3, 2019)
- Guardian: How the global climate fight could be lost if Trump is re-elected (July 27, 2020)
- NYT: Trump Administration Is Reversing 100 Environmental Rules. Here’s the Full List (updated July 15, 2020)
Donate to an organization doing crucial Get Out The Vote work in swing states and districts.
Here are some excellent options.